Thank you for volunteering to be a Class Parent for your child’s classroom.
This is a unique opportunity to get to know and to serve your child’s teacher in ways that he/she will greatly appreciate. As the primary liaison between the teachers and students’ families, Room Parents initiate and promote the team effort between school and home that EES strives to have.
The key to being an effective Room Parent is communication: communication with the teacher to understand his/her needs and communication with parents where you coordinate filling the teachers needs. Your job is not to DO all the work but to delegate! Thank you so much for volunteering for this very important position. You provide a direct link between parents and the classroom. We couldn’t have such a strong school without your efforts. To assist you in this role, we have provided some useful resources in this Class Parent Menu.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Class Parent Coordinator: Lindsey Lieber at email@example.com.
The following are helpful documents and forms for class parents:
- Class Parent Checklist: Class Parent Role and Responsibilities
- Class Parent Manual: Class Parent Manual
- Sample Introduction Letter to Teacher: Sample Letter
- Sample introduction Letter to Class: Sample Letter
- All parent volunteers must sign a Statement of Confidentiality. If you haven’t already signed a confidentiality statement, please download the form, sign it, and return it to your teacher or to the PTA mailbox at the school. Please click here for the form: Endhaven Volunteer Confidentiality Form-1
- All parent volunteers must be registered with CMS before being allowed into the class room. If you have not already registered as a volunteer with CMS, Please do so. Click the link: CMS Volunteers
- When sending emails as the class parent, all emails must contain the CMS legal verbiage. Please attach the following legal statement to all emails sent on behalf of the school: CMS Email Stamp
- Class parents can use Sign Up Genius to organize volunteers for parties and treats or to create wish lists for the teacher. Click here: Sign Up Genius