Endhaven Elementary PTA
Cougar Grant Request Form Instructions
Click here for the Form: Cougar Grant Form
The Endhaven PTA has allocated specific funds in our operating budget to support student learning by meeting the needs of students, teachers and staff. These funds are allocated in the form of “Cougar Grants”. It funds unique or innovative programs or resources; collaborations between teachers; instructional materials; teacher professional development; and more. It does not fund items already in the school budget.
There are three types of Cougar Grants:
- Arts and Enrichments: This grant is offered to Endhaven staff, PTA, and school clubs to promote enrichment and educational opportunities which are not part of the normal school program. This grant specifically addresses needs such as in-house field trips, guest speakers on an educational topic, special projects, academic competitions, etc.
- School Programs: This grant is available to children who are unable to participate in enrichment programs due to financial hardship. Programs could include assisting with the cost of field trips, enabling a child to participate in a before or after school program, etc.
- Professional Development: This grant is to encourage Endhaven staff to participate in professional development opportunities. The grant may be used to cover fully or partially cost of registration fees. This grant should not be used to cover substitute costs associated with professional development.
Grant Request/Approval Process:
- Complete the attached form in its entirety and submit to Mr. Slattery for review.
- Mr. Slattery will review the request and forward approved requests to the PTA President. Unapproved requests will be returned to the requestor.
- The President will present the grant request to the PTA Executive Board at their next meeting. Executive Board meetings are generally held the first Friday of each month. You will be contacted as soon as possible as to the approval or denial of the grant.
The PTA has limited amount of funds for Cougar Grants and ideally would like each grade level to benefit from these grants. As a guideline, PTA is allocating roughly $300 per grade level for Cougar Grants. We encourage your grade level to work as a team when requesting funds. To request a grant, please submit the Cougar Grant Request Form per the instruction on the sheet. Please try to be as specific as possible and provide detail with each request. All requests will remain confidential.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the PTA President. Thank you!
** These funds are distributed on a first come-first serve basis, and as funds are available.